11.08.2010

Second post, eight weeks in

It seems so sudden, but we're already more than a third of the way in to the semester. It's week seven of classes and there is fifteen total... The end seems close already. It's so strange.

As always, I'm keeping busy- I'm sorry I'm so bad at keeping in touch :(

Things I've been up to since I last updated: school, school and school. Actually, that's not everything, but school is getting more intense; I've had two midterms, and I have another next week. I'm not sure if it really is busier than school back home, I don't think so, but right now it feels pretty busy.


Kawaramachi-dori and Shijo-dori, Kyoto's downtown area

We were given the chance to attend a tea ceremony presented by the international students at the Urasenke centre, which is a very famous style (?) of the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. It was quite beautiful and well done, and the students did well (imo, though I don't know that much so it's not saying much, I guess).



Honpoji, a temple next to the Urasenke centre.





Yes, I know my name is spelled wrongThe managers hold a birthday party once a month for everyone who has a birthday that month. In October, it was me, Misuzu (one of the Japanese buddies) and Leanne (an Australian exchange student). Everyone cooked something, and the managers arrange for the cake and drinks. It was delicious and yes, my name was spelled wrong. It didn't stop it from being delicious white chocolate :D


I took this picture in Osaka; I think it's one of my favourites so far. I was standing on the bridge by Dotombori/Shinsaibashi, in the early evening as you can tell. Miraculously there are no people in the front. Osaka is insane on the weekends, but it's a fun insane (in small doses, I suppose though). I've now been twice, at the start and end of October. It's just so easy to get to and a fun daytrip.




More later, I promise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lucyyyy I miss you! I keep having moments of stuff that I think I should text you about, and then I remember OH WAIT YOU'RE ON ANOTHER CONTINENT. I think most of them have to do with shopping. HELLO, PREDICTABLE. Like, I was in The Bay, and there were these red Guess purses, which I wanted to tell you about. They had both bright red and dark red and they were prettyyyy.

GBS was SO WEIRD without you. But I was glad I had people to go with. But like, when they started and I was like, WE HAVE TO GET UP AND DANCE, they were all, 'no...I don't want to..' FAIL, GUYS. But then everyone around us got up so they had to too. And at one point Anna turned to me and asked if I knew ALL the songs and I was like, 'um...yes.' LOL.

I am in the library right now, attempting to finish some assignments due tomorrow, and I just blocked lj and twitter, which is why you are getting this long and rambling comment.

Did you get to attend a tea ceremony when you were in Japan before? For some reason, that's all my dad kept asking me about. 'DID LUCY GET TO SEE A TRADITIONAL TEA CEREMONY??' I was like...I..don't know?? So now I can tell him you have.

Did I ever say happy birthday to you? Probably not. It was probably around the time I was midterm-crazy. Happy belated birthdayyy! <3

Anyways. I had better get this homework done. I suppose I could like, email you or something sometime. SCHOOL. It gets in the way of these things. brb winning the lottery and coming to visit you.